Summer Surf Camp
Please inquire with us regarding our Amazing Summer Surf Camp! We are the longest running surf camp in the area with 9 years of experience in teaching over 2000 children how to surf and respect the ocean and eachother. It will be held in the middle of June and July 2017. Pre-Registration will start in April, call (877) 321-HULA or Click Below to register (see registry for exact dates). Don't wait, it fills up to capacity every year, so please reserve your spot early. Mahalo and See you there!
Week One: 06/12/2017 - 06/16/2017 | Week Two: 06/19/2017 - 06/23/2017
Week Three: 06/26/2017 - 06/30/2017 | Week Four: 07/10/2017 - 07/14/2017
Week Five: 07/17/2017 - 07/21/2017
Hula Surf School's philosophy is based on FUN, SAFETY, and RESPECT. Although our camp’s focus is surfing, we do not neglect to educate each student on basic ocean safety, respecting the ocean and beaches, and of course each other.
Our camps are held in Lifeguarded Beaches and we require all of our instructors to be C.P.R. and First Aid certified. We strive to maintain a smaller camp environment. This difference is fundamental, providing the attention and coaching necessary for each student. We carefully select our beach location with a safe and shallow sandbar, sheltered area, and bathrooms.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT TO LEARN?
- Ocean safety Education EVERY DAY, lifeguard board, flag meaning, ocean conditions, weather, tide changes, rip currents
- LIFEGUARD Tours in the towers and Jet Ski rides when available
- Surfing and Stand-Up Paddle Boarding (Weather Permitting) fundamentals and individual instruction
- Surfboard Basics…anatomy of the board, board selection
- Beach and wave selection
- Marine Life Education (Man-O-War, Sharks, Turtles, Jelly Fish, Sea Lice)
- Respecting the Ocean and Beach Conservation (Keeping our beaches clean)
- We offer a secure and safe camp environment.
- Our staff consists of instructors who love kids, surfing, and the ocean!
- Our staff is required to undergo level 2 background screening and fingerprinting.
- Our camp takes place at a life-guarded beach with first class amenities and a designated pavilion for campers.
- We provide a shaded tent area on the beach with water, and require breaks.
- A Welcome Packet will be sent with instructions to the beach, drop off/pick-up guidelines, what to bring, etc
- 6 years and older
- Know how to swim
- Bring Snacks, and plenty of FLUIDS
- Sun block and RASH GUARD (This is a lycra shirt to protect from sun/surfboard rash…. Bring your own or BUY ONE FROM HULA SURF SCHOOL)
- Hat (Recommended)
- Flip Flops/Sandals/Crocks
- Towel and Shirt
- Please Label your child’s belongings
END OF SESSION BASH:
At the end of each session we provide a fun PIZZA party for our new “SURFERS” with live music and hawaiian shaved ice. We individually recognize each child and present them with a Hula Souvenir.
We also provide a great raffle for the kids. Prizes included t-shirt, hats, gift cards, even a brand new skateboard (At times).